How to use Whitecross Hereford Remote Access
The school has improved remote access for staff and students which can be accessed from http://vdi.whitecross.hereford.sch.uk. The new system requires the Citrix Receiver client software to be installed and can be used by Windows, MAC and Android devices (iPads, iPhones, Tablets, laptops, etc.). For Android Devices please use the Citrix Receiver Beta version.
If you plan on using the new system please bear in mind that the Citrix Receiver download is large (approximately 42MEG for laptops and desktop systems). For tablet devices such as an iPad, etc. use your Internet browser and go to the iTunes or Play store for the downloads.
For more information go to http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/receiver/rec-receiver-and-plugins.html. The basic system requirements are listed below:
Windows Device Requirements
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows XP Professional, 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows Vista, 32-bit and 64-bit editions Windows 8/RT, ARM-based, Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
- VGA or SVGA video adapter with colour monitor
- Citrix Receiver supports iOS-based mobile devices with operating system version 4.2.2 or later.
- This software update is supported on the following devices: iPhone 4, 4S, and 5, iPad, iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, and iPad mini
- Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.7, 32-bit and 64-bit, Mac OS X 10.6, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Intel-based processor, At least 256 MB of RAM, 106.7 MB of free disk space and a working Internet connection
- Citrix Receiver supports Android versions 2.2 or later. The Citrix Receiver Beta application seems more stable and can be downloaded free from your Play Store account.
We do recommend that when people use the new system that they go to http://vdi.whitecross.hereford.sch.uk to open your remote session as this seems to work better.
- Open Internet explorer.
- Go to http://vdi.whitecross.hereford.sch.uk
- You will have to install the “Citrix Receiver” software (approximately 42MEG) the first time you access the website. You will be prompted to “Install” with a green button and this must be completed before you can access the new remote access. Once the new webpage opens use the drop down controls on the left hand side and select the “Citrix Receiver” and install the software after it is downloaded.
- Log on using your normal school network logon.
- After the window loads “click in the middle box” to open your remote session.
- You should get a second prompt and must allow it so you have access the remote services.
- Allow time for new window to open and load a Windows 7 desktop.
- When you are finished make sure you “log off” the Windows 7 system using the “Start Button”.
- To end your session click on the “Log Off” button on the webpage which is located in the upper right hand corner of the web page.
After installing the software you will have to go to http://vdi.whitecross.hereford.sch.uk and logon with your school logon as no further software is required.